Lindos is situated on the Greek island of Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands. It has become known as the ‘Sunshine Island' as it basks in more than 300 days of sun each year!
Talk to anyone who has been - Lindos is very special. Not quite like anywhere you've been before. Traditional buildings, car free streets, sandy beaches and of course the ancient Acropolis are just some of what Lindos has to offer.
There are many shopping opportunities in the pretty cobbled passage ways of Lindos. As for bars, cafes and eateries - there is an array to suit all tastes. You can choose between a romantic roof top restaurant, a family run taverna, or a true 'fine dining' experience - no matter where you end up you'll be assured of a warm welcome everywhere.
As with any villa holiday we strongly recommend car rental. Blue Line, where our villa in located, is not 'in Lindos' - it is a 25 minute walk to Lindos along a proper pavement. Pefkos is not walkable safely as there is no pavement.
The main beach at Lindos offers water sports and boat trips, while the magical St Pauls Bay, a favourite for Lindian weddings is only minutes from your villa, overlooking Psartos Bay.
If you are looking for sheer relaxation, clear blue waters, perfect weather, in and around one of the most beautiful and famous landmarks in Greece, then it has to be Lindos!
Lindos with its magnificent Acropolis is only 2 minutes by car or 25 on foot, but why not explore yourself the many other places on wonderful Rhodes:
- Pefkos village is 1.5km south, here you have access to another beautiful beach along with more shops, tavernas and bars. Pefkos has a popular bakery that stays open long hours
- 5km beyond Pefkos you reach Lardos, with its traditional Greek square, more shops and tavernas - there is also a popular go-karting track. There are also two excellent butchers in Lardos that supply an array of fine meats - great for BBQ's!
- The biggest water park in Europe is in Falaraki, a half hour drive north from Lindos
- Historical Rhodes Town is less than an hour's drive
- The Valley Of The Butterflies and the Seven Springs are also within 1 hour journey - both well worth a visit
Tsambika Beach is truly stunning and said by many to be one of the best in Greece. It is undoubtedly our favourite beach and less than a half hour's drive from the villa. Its gently shelving beach makes it perfect for kids and there are plenty of tavernas as well as an array of watersports on offer.
Useful to know
- There are cash machines in Lindos as well as banks and a post office
- There's a large supermarket just outside Lindos, approximately 10 minutes drive from the villa. Closer to Rhodes Town there's a wide choice of even larger stores
- Rhodes town holds a fresh produce market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Historic “old” Rhodes town is steeped in history and its maze of cobbled streets is a shopper’s paradise
- The “new” town of Rhodes offers many numerous trendy boutiques, coffee bars and gift shops as well as excellent eateries.
- Rhodes airport is a 45min drive. You can hire a car at the airport or take a taxi (around 40euro).
- Ferries are also available throughout the year in to Mandraki Harbour approx 50 mins away by car.
- There’s a bus stop just by the entrance to the Blue Line cul-de-sac. Buses go all the way to Rhodes town stopping off at various points on the way so if you don’t want to hire a car there really is no need but, to truly benefit from the beautiful island of Rhodes, car hire is recommended!
- For golf enthusiasts an 18 hole golf course is situated only half an hour away in Afandou